تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Interview with Jason Spencer

Having worked several years at Aardman as a “Clay” animator, Jason moved to LA where he did the transition to digital at DreamWorks Animation where he’s recently contributed work on Shrek 2 among others. Jason talks about his work as Supervising Animator on “Flushed Away”, the first collaboration between two industry powerhouses, Aardman Animation and DreamWorks Animation.
    Also, read our first Flushed Away Interview with Pierre Olivier, art director on the film.
    عمل لبضع سنوات في شركة " Aardman "كمحرك شخصيات طينية. وتغير عمله. عندما تحول عمله الى ديجيتال في شركة " DreamWorks Animation"عندما كان يساهم في العمل على فيلم "shrek2" .جاسون يحدثنا عن عمله وعن خبرته كمشرف على التحريك في فلم “Flushed Away”. الإشتراك الأول بين أقوى شركتين
    "Aardman Animation "و"DreamWorks Animation ".

animation and film making, and then just be really stubborn and keep bashing your fists against the keyboard until you get what you want. At first it is a
    battle - but personally I make a rule never to loose an 'animate fight' against an in-animate object. I'm a stubborn animator and I won't stop until I feel that the character I am animating is alive and breathing on the screen in front of me.
    But there is another useful perspective that I call 'listening to the puppet'. I had this in Stop Motion and took with me to CG. A puppet has a size and shape that create restrictions in the way that it can move, and differences in the way that it controls screen space. These 'limitations' are big golden keys to the character behind the puppet and should be listened to always.
    شركة سي جي :في بداياتك. تكلمت عن تحولك في ARDMAN من محرك شخصيات طينية الى الديجتال. كيف كانت صعوبة التحويل او الأنتقال لديك؟؟
    جاسون: لم تكن بتلك الصعوبه تقنيا, ان اظن ان التحريك هو التحريك سواء كنت عن طريق الواقع او عن طريق الكمبيوتر.عندما تبدأ عن طريق الكمبيوتر للمرة الأولى.يجب عليك ان تثق بالأشياء اللتي تجعلها مهمة عن الأنيميشن وصناعة الأفلام.وبعد ذلك ابقى شخصا عنيدا ذو ارادة واستمر على الظغط على الكيبورد (والأستمرار والمواصلة) حتى تصل لما تريده انت. في البداية كان الأمر كالمعركة ولكن شخصيا انا وضعت قانونا لي الا وهو عدم الفشل امام "معكرة التحريك" ضد جسم متحرك. انا عنيد ومهما كان لن اتوقف حتى ارى الشخصية اللتي احركها هي حية وتتنفس على الشاشة امامي.

CGC: Do you think the transition was harder for others?
    Jason: Yes, some people find the transition harder than others. It is not uncommon for animators transitioning from traditional mediums to have difficulty seeing the 'art of the animation' through 'the complexity of the tool'.
    This can even happen with the most incredibly talented animators, but with guidance and time their confidence with the medium grows and their skills shine through again.
    شركة سي جي: هل تظن ان الإنتقال اللذي حصل لك (كما ذكرنا بالسؤال الماضي ) سيكون اصعب لللآخرين؟
    جاسون: نعم، بعض من الناس يكون الإنتقال عندهم اصعب عليهم من الآخرين.انه شيئا غير مألوف للمحركين للإنتقال من الببئة التقليدية . ولكنهم يجدون صعوبه في التعامل مع البيئة المتطورة(الكمبيوتر) وتعتمد على التعقيد الموجود بالأداة اللتي يستخدمها المصمم.وهذا شئ لايصدق عندما يحصل لأحد المصممين المحترفين ، ولكن مع الإرشادات والوقت وثقتهم بأنفسهم وبالبيئة المحيطة سوف تشرق مهاراتهم مرة أخرى.

CGC: Having worked in Clay for so many years, surely, you must have a different perspective on animation than animators who have only worked in digital. How would you compare?
    Jason: I think that working in the Aardman style constitutes the bigger difference in perspective; there is a certain simple clarity of staging, pacing and performance that is executed very well at Aardman.
    I believe that this style lends itself well to the medium of stop motion as well as being strengthened by it.
    The Aardman style of animating is a style that can be applied (in varying degrees) to many styles of animation.
    I remember incorporating it when working on my first cg film (Shrek 2) to good effect. It's just good, clear story telling principles really. Working with clay also makes me a sculptor of sorts which was also a useful skill to bring to CG.
    On Flushed Away I became the 'go to slug guy', largely because of this I believe, as the characters require a very sculptural approach to get the best out of their simple body shape, and simple rigs.
    شركة سي جي: عندما تعمل على تحريك الشخصيات الطينية لسنين عدة. بالتأكيد بالتأكيد لديك وجهة نظر مختلفة عن المصممين اللذين عملوا على الديجيتال(الكمبيوتر). كيف تقارن هذا الأمر؟

جاسون: انا اظن ان العمل في شركة "Aardman" وطابعها يشكل اختلافا كبيرا لوجهة نظري. وهذا بالتأكيد يقوي المقدرة لديك ووضوح الصورة لدريك وايضا يجعل ادائك متميزا وهذا بالتأكيد ماينجز في "Aarman".
    انا اؤمن ان هذا الطابع او الستايل اللذي تفعله الشركة يعتمد على نفسه في بيئة التحريك كما انه يعطي المصمم القوة ليخرج افكارا ابداعية.
    إن ستايل التحريك الموجود لدى شركة "Aardman" يمكن ان يستخدم (مع اختلاف الدرجات)في جميع ستايلات التحريك. واتذكر عندما دمجته في فيلمي الدجيتال الأول "Shrek2" لجعله اكثر تأثيرا. لقد كان فقط جيدا بمعنى الكلمة. قصة صافيه وتحكي عن الإستقامة الحقيقية. العمل مع الشخصيات الطينية جعلتني نحاتا بارعا. مما جعلني ان ادمجها مع الديجتال.اما مع فيلم"flushed Away" انا اصحبت "'go to slug guy
    وانا اؤمن بأن الشخصيات تتطلب نحاتا جيدا لكي يصل للأفضل لصنع نفس المجسم ونفس الrig.

CGC: Can you “characterize” in your words the Aardman animation style?
    Jason: I would characterize it as a style that has grate performance integrity within very clear story telling principles.
    You choose your poses to have contrast and appropriate changing levels of energy. You go between them with simplicity
    , character and clarity, and deliver your performance beats when you reach the pose. The biggest beat of the shot will be the 'over all point of the shot', i.e. the story telling beat that is the reason
    for that shot being in the film - you deliver this point with total commitment above all else. It is, in my view, a distillation of the most important things about using film to tell a story.
    شركة سي جي: هل بإمكانك ان تصف كلماتك عن ستايل "Aardman" للحركة؟
    جاسون: سأصف الستايل اللذي لديه الأداء الكامل والعظيم. مع القصة الواضحة جدا واللتي تخبرنا عن الإستقامة. انت تأخذ الأوضاع الخاصة باالتصميم بدون أي تكلف مع تغير مراحل الطاقة ، انت تدخل بينهم مع بساطة الشخصية ووضح تام. وتستطيع ان توصل ادائك للقمة عندما تصل لوضعك الخاص بالتصميم. ويجب عليك ان تحاول حتى توصل القصة وهذا هو السبب في تميز هذا الستايل.

CGC: You seem to “enjoy” making faces in the mirror. Can you explain?
    Jason: I 'enjoy' animating, but pulling expressions in the mirror all day makes my face ache, and if you've seen my face you'll know that it pretty much aches all the time anyway. Sadly there is no better way for me to check out the expression that I am trying to create
    شركة سي جي: انت تبدو مغرما بعمل الأوجه. هل بإمكانك ان تشرح لنا؟؟
    جاسون:انا احب التحريك. ولكن سحب المشاعر في المرآة كل يوم يجعل وجهي متألما طوال اليوم، وانت عندما ترى وجهي ستجد انه هناك بعض الآلام الجميله في كل وقت. وكما يحزنني انه لايوجد هناك طريقة لإخراج مشاعري كما اود ان افعل في الشخصيات.

CGC: Which characters did you get to animate on Flushed Away?

Jason: I dabbled with all of the main characters but mostly I animated 'The Toad',

he is the character that I developed at the start of the show.

I think that I was really lucky to get him. Villains are always really interesting because you can push their character much further than your central protagonists.

I always seem to get villains to develop. I developed 'The Tweedys' in 'Chicken Run' and 'Victor' in 'Ware Rabbit' - that's a 100% villain development record for feature films that I have been involved in pre-production with. Maybe my directors see something evil in me..?!
    شركة سي جي: ماهي الشخصيات اللتي قمت بتحريكها في الفيلم؟
    جاسون:انا عملت تقريبا مع كل الشخصيات الرئيسية بالفيلم ولكن اغلب ما عملت مع شخصية"The Toad"
    هي الشخصية اللي انشأتها منذ بداية العمل . وأظن اني محظوظا لأني عملت عليه.السذج دوما مشوقين.لأنك تستطيع ان تلعب بشخصيتهم افضل من البطل الفيلم نفسه.انا دائما احب ان آخذ شخصيات ساذجة لكي انشأها. .لقد انشأت 'The Tweedys' في فيلم'Chicken Run'و'Victor'في فيلم'Ware Rabbit'هئولاء من صنعتهم واحسست اني استمتعت معهم .

CGC: In Flushed Away, there are many very complex scenes involving many characters. Do you use some sort of crowd simulation system?

Jason: We do use a crowd populating system but not crowd simulation. All the background characters were hand animated by our team, this animation is then copied and spread throughout the scenes by the crowd team. I take my hat off to their fine work. They did a great job in filling those spaces with interesting and rich atmospheres.
    شركة سي جي: في فيلم" Flushed Away " كان هناك مجموعة كبيره من المشاهد المتداخلة تغلف جميع الشخصيات . هل استخدمتم نظاما لهذا الضيق او الزحام؟
    جاسون: لقد استعملنا نظام السكن المزدحم. وجميع خلفيات الشخصيات كانت محركة يدويا من قبل فريقنا . هذه الحركة اللتي استعملها الفريق وهو يملأ الفراغات في المشاهد جعلني اخلع قبعتي تحية لهم .

CGC: What characters were the most challenging from an animation perspective?
    Jason: The Toad was the hardest in a technical sense. He is difficult to pose because of his huge bulk and complex face,
    but his actual performance came naturally to me (I guess that's why they gave me the character to develop).
    But in terms of challenging performance I would have loved to have done more shots with Rita. Simon Otto did a beautiful job in developing and heading this character through the show.
    She has a subtlety, charm, and sophistication in her animation that I would have loved to have had chance to challenge myself with more.
    شركة سي جي: ماهي الشخصية اللتي كانت بمثابة التحدي لكم من جهة التحريك؟
    جاسون: "TheToad" كان الأصعب تقنيا. لقد كان الأصعب بسبب ضخامة جسده ووجهة المعقد.ولكن ادائة الحركي اتت طبيعا معي(اكتشفت لماذا اعطوني هذه الشخصية لأنشأها).
    CGC: Each character has its own mannerism and behavior. When jumping to a new character, how do you learn to understand each character’s style and translate it in your animation?
    Jason: Firstly Sam [Fell] & David [Bowers] (our directors) did a fantastic job of producing 'motivational breakdowns' and 'movement frequency/range' charts for each character
    - they already existed inside Sam and David heads before we even touched the puppets.
    We also had supervisors and animators individually lead characters through development and into production to produce a body of work that set up that characters style - after this body of work was in place it was easier for other animators to pick them up. Then it's just a case of good direction and animation that stays true to that character.
    شركة سي جي:كل شخصية لها تأنقها وسلوكها. كيف تستطيع ان تتعلم ان تستوعب نمظ كل شخصية لكي تترجمها بالتحريك؟
    جاسون: أولا سام وديفيد(المديران) انجزوا عملا عظيما عندما انتجوا حركات خيالية لكل شخصية لكي نفهم كل شخصية. تلك الشخصيات كانت برأس سام وديفيد قبل ان نبدأ بالعمل بها .
    ونحن ايضا لدينا مدراء تحريك ومحركين ينتجون الشخصيات ومن ثم يحاولون ان ينتجون جميعا نمط لكل شخصية J ومن ثم يحاولون انتاج الشخصيات بدون أي مشاكل.
    CGC: What are the most valuable lessons
    learned from this experience?
    Jason: I have always been in awe of the skill and art
    of 2D animation, and Dreamworks is packed full of these amazing traditionalists. It was a great experience to work so closely with these talented individuals, from which I have learned so much. They have taught me many
    new things about art of animation. But more importantly, the experience of working with them has given me
    a glimpse of the aesthetic perspective of a
    traditional 2D artist.
    For me this has been a grate lesson and a privileged
    insight.
    شركة سي جي: ماي الدروس ذات القيمة اللتي تعلمتها من هذه الخبره؟
    جاسون:انا دائما اكون في خشية امام المهارات والفن من التحريك الثنائي الأبعاد. و " Dreamworks " هي مجموعة كاملة من التقاليد المدهشة. وكانت تجربة جميله والعمل معهم واكون بقربهم لأني تعلمت منهم الكثير وهم درسوني الكثير عن التحريك بالبعد الثنائيJ

هذا مالدي من ترجمة وقد تصرفت ببعض الكلمات من عندي واشكركم على طيب المتابعة.
    محبكم دوما: عامر الجهنيJ

منقول للفائدة

Don't say i can not But say i will try
    حسين الشريف

|.رحمك الله يا حبيبنا حسين و جعل مثواك الجنة.|

دعواتكم للفقيد بالرحمة

شكرا يا حسين شكلها مفيدة جدا لسه مقريتهاش عايزة دماغ رايقة

تعليق

شكرا على المقابله ..جزاك الله كل خير
      _______

تعليق

يعمل...